ABOUT THE PROJECT
We are a multidisciplinary-multicentric research group (ICO-IDIBELL-IDIBGI-Vall Hebron-VHIO) that have worked for more than 20 years offering genetic counseling, molecular diagnosis and hereditary cancer research accomplishment. Our main goal is to know more precisely the basis of hereditary cancer in order to be able to personalize the estimation of the risk of patients and relatives and individualize their treatment. We work primarily in colorectal cancer, breast and ovarian cancer and some minority syndromes such as Neurofibromatosis type 1.
MAIN RESEARCH goals
Our main lines of research focus on:
1) improving genetic diagnosis
2) personalization of cancer risks and prevention as well as treatment strategies
3) identification of new genes related to hereditary cancer
4) establishment, optimization and implementation of new study models for these cancer syndromes
5) implementation of new therapeutic strategies for these conditions
6) become leaders of national consortia in precision medicine.
If you have any doubts or concerns about this research team, contact us by filling this form